St Mary's Church, Wanstead

Church Details

Locking Status
Locked - no keyholder details
Thomas Hardwick

St Mary's church, Wanstead, stands in Overton Drive. Pevsner described it as "A church worthy in its appearance of the noble aspiration of the mansion." The church was built between 1787 and 1790, by Thomas Hardwick, under the direction of the two principal landowners, Sir James Tylney-Long and George Bowles of Wanstead Grove. Tynley-Long had donated the site which was just north of the old church.

Postcard Images

St Mary, Wanstead Church

Image ID: 0506p001

Location Map


Copyright 2018 - John Whitworth (

Essex Church ~ St Mary's Church ~ Wanstead Church ~ St Mary, Wanstead ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass

Website by Ontime Development.